Housing Affordability. APRA. Investor’s Lending. Super Property Deposit Debate.
These are headline news for the last few weeks which have been monopolising the business section of most press for some time now. So, we don’t think we can wait any longer either!
Now, what did they chat about today? You would be expecting conversation around the long-term sustainability of the Australian Property Market, an upcoming correction and who will be affected; APRA’s move on investment lending; changes on interest-only loans and how it will affect some borrowers out there; implementing Money SMARTS during these times; relationship between migration and the economy; the Superannuation Property Deposit Debate and more.
Let us forewarn you that this Bonusisode is not as light as our usual episodes. This time, Bryce and Ben discuss some critical housing and political issues and as usual, the commentary in this show is general in nature and is an opinion comment by both of them. It does not take into account the particular investment objectives or financial situation of any potential listeners, and you should always consult a qualified professional advisor before making any investment decisions.
Some of the references made in this podcast are:
If you like this podcast, don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://www.thepropertycouch.com.au/topics/.
Bryce recently appeared on our good friend, Kevin Turner’s podcast, Real Estate Talk and we thought it would be a good idea to share it with you guys! If you haven’t check it out yet, tune in to Kevin’s podcast for some great quality property investment news, tips and strategy from Australia’s Top Property Experts and more. In this Bonusisode, Bryce and Kevin will be chatting about:
- Why Bryce chose property out of all the asset classes out there
- What motivated him to start investing in property
- His first property and the mistakes he had made in the early years
- The awareness on property investing and level of resources out there for investors
- Best advice for someone who’s thinking about starting an investment property portfolio
If you like this podcast: “Chat between TPC and Real Estate Talk – Why I love property?”, don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://www.thepropertycouch.com.au/topics/.
As promised, here is the second part of the highly anticipated Episode featuring the incredibly humble housewife, author of 4 best selling property books, sophisticated property investor and a property educator extraordinaire, Jan Somers.
In this part, Bryce, Ben and Jan discuss the following areas:
- The mistakes she made along the way – holiday homes, overcapitalising and more
- Types of properties she likes to invest in
- Her thoughts on borderless investing and if it is for everyone
- Australia’s housing affordability issue and are we in one?
- Ideas on renovating and adding value to your investment property
- Most common questions she gets asked when it comes to property investment
- Will property forever be a sound investment class
- How she utilises the money she earns for good causes
We hope you would enjoy listening to her as much as we do. As mentioned in the first part, Jan is definitely a property educator that is worth listening to as her years of expertise and knowledge in property investing is absolute gold!
Here’s the link to her books and the PIA Investor software: Click here.
And as always, if you like this episode (Chat with Jan Somers, Housewife And Property Multimillionaire – Part 2), don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. Any questions or ideas? Feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://www.thepropertycouch.com.au/topics/
With a fresh start this week for The Property Couch after our much-anticipated 100th episode last week, the energy definitely hasn’t dwindled as Episode 101 has Bryce and Ben discussing the six critical foundations to building your wealth plan. From the comfort of Ben’s home instead of the studio this week, (as not even an operation can delay an episode of TPC), the guys discuss foundations such as strategy, getting a mentor and building your tribe to name a few. Similar to a skyscraper or a mega size bridge, the foundations in which you build your property portfolio or even, your financial wealth plan on is crucial. However, it’s not an exciting process and can be mundane for some but do not underestimate how much difference it can make to the long-term performance of your wealth plan. Time is a commodity that you can’t afford to lose and if you find out later in life that your wealth plan isn’t going to work, it can potentially be too late.
Of course, the jokes and banter still continue on in this podcast, and with that in mind, we hope you enjoy this next instalment and the next step that The Property Couch is taking. To another 100 episodes!
P.S If anything, don’t miss this latest episode for the brand new sign-off at the end!
Free Resources mentioned in this episode:
And as always, if you like this episode (Sand or Stone – 6 Critical Foundations Your Wealth Plan Should Be Built On), don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. Any questions or ideas? Feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://www.thepropertycouch.com.au/topics/
It’s the second week into the new year, and we’ve got yet another exciting and information-packed episode for you today. Joining Bryce and Ben on another online interview podcast is Property Journalist and Review Editor of Domain, Jennifer Duke (@JennieDuke). Today the duo and their special guest who “lives and breathes property” discuss Jen’s professional background and how she got into property journalism, the breadth of topics there are to discuss around property, as well as how being a property journalism shows you a more personal aspect of property investing. Further to this, they also discuss the following areas:
- What motivated her to join journalism and to specialise in finance and property
- How does she decipher all the media headlines and form an opinion on the property market
- The controversy she faces in her career as a reporter
- What is it like to write for Domain
- Her most interesting and shocking story that she has reported on
- How important it is to find credible and trustworthy sources for her articles when reporting to her readers
- What the best and the most ostentatious properties she has ever seen are
- The future of the newspaper in an ever-growing digital world
ps: Don’t forget to tag your friends for our Episode 100 Giveaways! Only 2 more weeks to go!
If you like this podcast: “Unpacking Property Media Headlines – Chat with Jennifer Duke, Property Journalist and Review Editor of Domain”, don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://www.thepropertycouch.com.au/topics/.
SURPRISE! On this Boxing Day, we are having a joint podcast with Phil Tarrant from Smart Property Investment Show! Phil joined us back in Episode 52 talking about his journey as a property investor but in this Bonusisode (Bonus Episode), the focus will be on investing in property in 2017! Ben and Phil will be chatting about:
- The health of the Australian Property Market in 2017
- Understanding the different market cycles and how economic activities and infrastructure development may change the market’s trajection
- How to filter out all the noise regarding property investing and look at hard facts when making an investment decision
- The prospects and returns from investing in apartments and city fringe location
- What are their thoughts on the lenders’ out-of-cycle rate rise
- What are the criteria lenders are looking for in an ideal borrower
- The importance of borderless investing and buying counter cyclical when building out your portfolio
If you like this podcast: “Bonusisode – A Boxing Day Chat Between The Property Couch and Smart Property Investment Show”, don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://www.thepropertycouch.com.au/topics/.