Our loyal listeners would have noticed by now that every single time a tax related question pops up on the podcast, Bryce and Ben will try and answer it in a general sense (sometimes, probably too general). So, this time on The Property Couch, we have invited Frank Azzopardi from YK Partners to help give a clearer definition when it comes to questions related to tax and property.
Sit tight and be prepared because this episode can be very technical. Some of the issues that they’ve touched on in this episode are:
- Investing under trust ie: family trust – what it involves and the tax implications
- Investing under a company structure – why people do it and areas to be cautious about
- Partnership in property investing – what to expect, difference between partnership with family and friends and types of partnership
- Capital gain tax (Capital Gains Tax) and the 6-year rule
- Are buyers agent fees and stamp duty tax deductible
Now, please remember that this podcast is general information only and is intended to assist you in understanding the different investment structures and some tax regulations related to Australian property. It is by no means a full representation of all aspects of the property tax and listeners/viewers should not rely on the information provided in this podcast when making their investment decisions. The Property Couch and our guests strongly recommend that listeners/viewers first seek qualified and professional advice to assess their individual and unique circumstances before making any decisions. For more disclaimer, please click here.
If you like this podcast: “Different investment structures (family trust, company, partnership), Capital Gains Tax and other tax related topics”, don’t forget to rate us at our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://www.thepropertycouch.com.au/topics/