Welcome to The Property Couch’s first episode in 2016! Joining us on the podcast today is Paul Baker from Independent Property Inspectors Melbourne.
As mentioned in Episode 22 and Bryce’s video on “When to conduct a building and pest inspection“, pre-purchase building inspections are non-negotiable for us. We cannot emphasize it enough the consequences of buying a property only to discover later on that a lot more money has to put in to ensure its livability. Not only will this impact the investor’s cash flow but it will also affect any property plans that has been put in place. Leveraging from Paul’s background as a building inspector and also a builder, Bryce and Ben will chatting about:
- Why is a pre-purchase building inspection so important
- What are the obvious tell-tale signs for water damages, footing and stumping issues
- How much should a buyer expect to spend on an inspection
- When should an inspection be conducted
- Best way to decipher a building report
- and a few horror stories from IPI’s Book of Horror!
Here are the pictures promised in the podcast!
Click here to download the PDF for these horror stories.
And here’s the HSBC video that Ben mentioned:
If you like this podcast: “Why should you conduct a Pre-Purchase Building Inspection and what could go wrong? – Chat with Paul Baker”, don’t forget to rate us at our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://www.thepropertycouch.com.au/topics/