We are excited to announce that today’s episode is the start of our Real Estate Agent Series! Joining us to kick start this series is Glen Coutinho, Director and Senior Auctioneer for RT Edgar. With over 30 years of experience within the industry, Glen lets us in on some valuable tips to keep in mind during property auctions, how to deal with selling agents and more!
Here are some of the key topics that Bryce, Ben and Glen talk about today:
- Glen’s professional background and how he became a Real Estate agent
- What kind of property investor he is and his investment strategy
- His tips on selecting an investment grade asset
- Behavioural techniques to portray and look out for when buying at an auction
- Rookie mistakes he sees buyers make
- The strategy to being a good real estate agent and providing excellent customer service
- What should you consider when engaging a selling agent
- An insider’s peek at a life of a selling agent and what goes into the price setting process
And lots more! Make sure to tune into this episode to find out all of the gold provided today!
If you like this podcast: “Do Relationships Matter In Real Estate? – Chat with Glen Coutinho, Director of RT Edgar”, don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://www.thepropertycouch.com.au/topics/
Back in Episode 102, Bryce and Ben discussed if we are facing an affordability issue and when Jan Somers appeared on our show last month, she mentioned that her aunt was also concerned about housing affordability back in the 1950s. Now, with the Federal Budget just a couple of months away, this topic appears yet again, and it seems to be the favourite amongst our politicians.
This time, the debate is about improving affordability for first home buyers. Now, don’t get us wrong. The Property Couch believes in the Great Australian Dream and owning your home. But as mentioned before, your first home will not be luxurious nor will it tick all the criteria of your dream home. This is about setting the right expectation because you would get to your dream home, and you would be able to get that quarter acre house eventually. But it will not happen overnight. You need to work for it, and you need to be smart with your decisions especially when it comes to money and planning for the future. Your first home, may not be your dream home but this does not mean that your second or third home wouldn’t be.
That is why education around property and awareness on the risk of investing in property is so important. This is one of the suggestions that Bryce and Ben chat about to improve affordability in the Australian Property Market. Tune in to find out the rest.
And the other stuff mentioned in this episode are:
- Has the Way We Look at Financial Stability Changed Since the Global Financial Crisis? – Speech by Michelle Bullock, Assistant Governor (Financial System) of RBA: Listen/Read Here
- Core Logic’s Pain and Gain Quarterly Report : Download Here
- Fact Sheet on Guarantor Loan : Download Here
- Bryce’s video on the four players in the industry is part of the Property Formula video series. If you are interested to watch this, you can Register Here
And as always, if you like this episode (Five Ways To Improve Affordability), don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel and our Facebook page. Any questions or ideas? Feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://www.thepropertycouch.com.au/topics/
We hope you enjoyed the first part of this two-part special guest week episode! In the second instalment of this episode with Nicole Faid; Bryce, Ben and Nicole all go into more detail concerning conveyancing, whilst focusing on some of the following areas:
- Off the plan contracts: What to expect and be aware of
- Possibility of getting your deposit back if you decide to pull out of the deal
- Anecdotes with regards to purchasers and a vendors’ deal
- Why is it important to get contract reviews and is it too late if the contract has already been signed?
- A purchaser’s rights when buying a property and what the condition of the property should be like after the deal has been made
- What is considered as an acceptable amount of compensation if there are faults to be repaired on the property?
- The difference between joint tenants and tenants in common
- What is spousal transfer and how it works?
And of course, there is so much more they talk about and in a lot more detail. With a lot more laughs, jokes and information for you all; make sure you don’t miss the second part of episode 107 and don’t forget to stay tuned for Bryce’s Life Hack and Ben’s “Did you Know…” segment.
If you like this podcast: “Contract Reviews, Off The Plan and SMSF Purchases and more – Chat with Nicole Faid, Principal of Accord Conveyancing”, don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://www.thepropertycouch.com.au/topics/
Due to there being an excess of absolute gold in yet another special guest week episode, we’ve had to split this week’s episode into two! Today joining Bryce and Ben for this hour long episode is Nicole Faid, principal and founder of Accord Conveyancing. With over 25 years of industry experience, and managing around 15,000 conveyancing transactions during her career so far, the insights and opinion she provides are not to be missed out on.
In this part, Bryce, Ben and Nicole discuss some of the following areas:
- Her story and how she got into Conveyancing
- What Conveyancing actually means and what the process is
- How is the settlement process like and what are the paperwork and due diligence involved
- What are the common road blocks a conveyancer or solicitor faced at settlement
- Will there be a unified conveyancing legislation across Australia
- Questions a client should be asking a Conveyancer
- Different clauses that property buyers should put into their contracts
- Some tips to ensure a smooth settlement
And so much more! To learn more, make sure to tune in, and remember to listen to the next part as well!
If you like this podcast: “What Is Conveyancing and How Does It Help With The Settlement Process? – Chat with Nicole Faid, Principal of Accord Conveyancing”, don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://www.thepropertycouch.com.au/topics/
In this joint episode with The Smart Property Investment Show, Phil chats with Ben on the importance of a good money management system when investing in property, having a sound but flexible strategy in place and understanding what you want to achieve at the end of this game of property investing.
We have mentioned it a few times on The Property Couch that it is important to have an end goal in mind when you are building your portfolio. What are we striving to achieve and where is the final destination we want ourselves to be at? These are the questions you need to ask yourself because otherwise, you would constantly be wondering if it’s ever going to be enough and ultimately, when would you stop to enjoy the fruits of your labour?
They also chat about Ben’s personal portfolio, how he started investing in property and why he’s so passionate about this industry. Tune in now to find out more.
If you like this podcast: “Bonusisode | Chat between TPC and SPI Show – How does a property expert invest in property?”, don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://www.thepropertycouch.com.au/topics/.
A few of our listeners have asked us about Fractional Property Investment; what is it and how does it actually works. It is a relatively new investing concept and often, people are confused if it’s investing in shares or property especially when it comes to ownership of the property. So we’ve invited Anthony Millet, CEO of BRICKX, to come on the show and share his expertise! Appointed as the CEO back in April 2016, Anthony comes from an investment banking background, had been the Chief Operating Officer of a leading global online sports retailer and is active investor himself. So for today’s podcast, the three of them will be chatting about:
- What motivated Anthony into this industry and his investing story
- What does fractional property investment means and how did it start in Australia
- Who owns the property in the portfolio and what rights do the investors have
- How does it work and how much returns would you get
- What type of assets are included in the portfolio and the asset selection criteria that’s in place
- The regulatory requirements surrounding this investment product
- Are gearing or leverage a consideration in fractional property investment
- Is it possible to trade the ownership of the product and what are the technological platform available for investors to trade in
- The future of Fintech and property investing in Australia
ps: For the roles mentioned in the episode, please check out our Jobs page
If you like this podcast: “What Is Fractional Property Investment and How Does It Works? – Chat with Anthony Millet, CEO of BRICKX”, don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://www.thepropertycouch.com.au/topics/